Pajarete Cured Goat’s Cheese Wedge
his wedge of cured goat’s cheese 100% Payoya breed from the Pajarete brand has been made using natural methods and without the use of additives.
Among the benefits of consuming goat’s cheese are the following:
- Vitamin A, B, D and K.
- Large amount of minerals such as calcium, potassium, magnesium and phosphorus.
- High protein content.
- Low sugar and therefore lactose content, which makes it easy to digest.
- It has probiotic properties.
- Its phosphorus content helps the memory.
- It has antioxidant properties.
- The ingredients of this cheese are: pasteurised goat’s milk, stabiliser (calcium chloride), rennet, lactic ferments and salt.
The Payoya breed of goat is native to the Sierra de Grazalema and the Ronda mountains. It owes its name to the village of Villaluenga, as its inhabitants are known as ‘payoyos’. Among the properties that make this breed so special are its high quality milk production and its meat which is very healthy.